Saturday, January 29, 2011

Designers are allowed to change their minds

That last clasp I posted has gone to cyber heaven. I woke up the next day and looked at it and realized that it reminded me of two paper clips hooked together. Designers - namely me this time - need to change their minds. Sometime later a better version of that clasp will come to me - or it won't. Sometimes I have gone through the whole process of designing a piece, sending it off to get a wax made, had masters created, molds made and manufacturing done and when the product was delivered I wondered what I was thinking. This time I got there early.

I am in Tucson. All the gear for two shows, my inventory, recently purchased groceries, the Yukon and the Airstream are parked in a tiny rustic RV park in southwest Tucson. The people are friendly and the price is right.

Tomorrow I get to go do a little shopping at some of the dealers in the motels along I10 and go see some friends at the To Bead True Blue show at the Double Tree Reid Park. Maybe tomorrow night I will get to go to one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants if my friends are up for it. There is nothing worse than eating a whole bowl of chips and salsa by yourself.

Then on Monday (they say it is going to rain) I will set up my booth at the AGTA show and pass off inventory and display things to Lisa Kan who will be working with me at the Best Bead Show. She will be showing her beautiful things as well as mine.

I feel good this year about the shows and the jewelry business. We are coming out the other end of the tunnel and I can see light -

No comments:

Post a Comment