Monday, September 20, 2010

Creative Marketing

My show season ends the first weekend of December when I participate in the Tempe Festival of the Arts. It is a lot of fun and has been very successful in the past. From that weekend until Tucson, which is the first week of February there is very little organized marketing going for me. I will get orders from designers who need last minute things for their clients and that is about it.

In the past I have used this time to clean up my studio, organize, see friends and plan for the upcoming year. I wish I could say that I have put away enough funds so that I feel very comfortable with the two months of relatively quiet time. It usually isn't so, I still have show fees for the next year, etc that show up.

I know that there are other ways to market, Etsy is one, home shows or bazaars are another. What have you tried, what has failed and what has succeeded in bringing in customers during the quiet times of the year? Or do I need to get better at packing away funds and stocking the larder for the quiet time of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment