Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fiber Optic in the Wilderness

I live in an unincorporated community by the side of I17 in central Arizona. I did not know this community existed until the month before I bought here. Surrounding this community is a national monument, Arcosanti and a highway. Recently I have noticed trucks with no labels digging trenches along our main road - aptly named Stagecoach. I stopped today and asked workers what was going on - FIBER OPTICS!!!

Technology is my friend. Without it I would not be able to live in this small community. I would be living in New York, Chicago, San Francisco or Los Angeles. With it I get to live on the edge of a wilderness because I have a telephone, fast internet connection, heat and air conditioning and a roof over my head. I have a computer and CAD (computer aided design), a bench, a torch and piles of stuff to make.

I can communicate with my customers a number of wonderful ways. There is even a shuttle down at the truck stop 2 miles from my home that will take me to the airport when I need to go.

I love living in a community where no more than 2 vehicles are usually to be found at an intersection and where I can really see the stars at night. That is my non-technical side.

But my geeky side is all excited about FIBER OPTICS coming to my little home in the wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment