Monday, July 18, 2011

You want my picture? Ohhhh

I got an email from GIA last week. They want to include my some quotes I made in literature they are sending out to potential students and asked me to give my permision for this. I was really flattered by this. The school has hundreds of students every year all over the world and I graduated 6 years ago and I was about 20 to 30 years older than most of the students in my class.

After all the warm feelings came the last part of the request which was for a high quality professional picture to include with the information. I ran through all the pictures I have of me from recent history and saw the one that I really liked was one with my dog Pooh. The picture didn't fit the profile.

This was followed by a serious look in the mirror. I decided I needed help so I called my friendly photographer to get an appointment. I have an appointment with him next Wednesday for a "sitting". I have an appointment with my hairdresser today for a trim and some serious searching in my closet and makeup bag to do before I go. My ego is on the line. I know how old I am - I just don't have to look at me all the time as a reminder

When I had a professional portrait done while I was working in the computer industry - there was the suit and small jewelry combined with minimal makeup - didn't need much then. School portraits were evidence of growing up. How does an artist/designer put her/himself out there. Do I leave my optivisor on? Find my most unique highly "artsy" top, dress in pajamas or a non-holey tee-shirt (reality)? Do I wear jewelry? How much makeup? Only at the end of the appointment on Wednesday will those answers be known.

.

1 comment:

  1. !!!! Very Fun! Your work IS stunning, and you Brand yourself perfectly!Your photo will turn out beautiful because you are beautiful Kim!

    xo Kelly B

    ReplyDelete