Monday, November 8, 2010

3:00 AM Idea - new style of clasp


I don't know about you, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with what seems to be a great idea. I fumble around for a piece of paper and a pen so that I can scribble something down that I hope I understand when I wake up in the morning.

Some of these ideas remain in my files - what was I thinking? Some see the light of day. Using this blog to test run these ideas is a less expensive idea than taking the time to create the piece on my computer, sending it off to have the wax cut and then waiting anywhere from several weeks to over a month to find out if it was a good idea. Some of those ideas are still in my inventory - some have gone on to be owned by designers all over the world.

Here is a new idea. This is a 3 part clasp. There are two circles with a loop connecting them. It is a slot and is suitable for a bracelet or a necklace. Because of the links I think it will fit into the design of a piece and not necessarily shout loud - this is a clasp. It is also an easy to use clasp - all you have to do is slip the loop through the slot on one of the circles. I am thinking of creating it in different shapes and textures or patterns on the loops. Please let me know what you think. Virtual is much less expensive than reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment