Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last weekend I was in Providence? Really?

This morning when I turned on my computer I got a note from Expedia asking me how I had enjoyed my visit at a Sheraton in Providence, Rhode Island? I was confused. I am not due to be in Rhode Island until June.

I checked my checking account, sure enough the hotel had charged for my stay. I checked my confirmation emails. OOPS!

Earlier this month while I was doing 3 shows in 3 weekends in 3 states I became a model of efficiency and started booking future reservations. You know that calendar you use when you book air, hotel, car or anything. I thought it was showing the month of June and it was April. So much for efficiency. After this error I went through all the show contracts, airline reservations, hotel bookings, etc.

A couple of years ago I was finished packing for the Bead and Button and went to the folder I use for shows - there I discovered that I had not booked airfare to Milwaukee. A week before the show I booked the airfare and made the show - it cost more than I wanted it to cost and it all worked out.

As many artists are I am a one person organization, I design for myself and work with other artists to create their designs, I handle the accounting, I am cook and bottle washer, dog walker, travel agent, etc. With all the check lists, folders, etc. somethings fall through the cracks. Luckily I booked a really good rate at the hotel, so this mistake didn't hurt much more than my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment